Baby Quilt – Quilt Along Video #3
- At this point we’ve sewn all our blocks together to form 9 rows.
- Press your seams …. next you need to label your rows with the direction you want to press your seams. I used a piece of fabric with the word “UP” on the rows I want to press up. Press down on the rows not labeled.
- Once you’ve pressed the seams it’s time to sew again. Place row 2 to row 1 (right sides together) pin and then sew it at a 1/4 inch seam down the right side. Repeat with rows 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8 and then add row 9 to row 8.
- Press your seams after you sew each pair of rows.
- After you’ve sewn those pairs together it’s time to sew all the rows together. Just remember to pin and press and it will help your seams line up perfectly.
- Press and starch your quilt, trim lose threads and measure it to determine your backing and binding fabric. Click here to watch my video on how to measure a quilt for the longarm quilter.
I’ll share a better picture once I get it back from my longarm quilter.
To make the Baby Quilt you will need the following:
- Layer Cake or Fat Quarters with 6 Patterns
- If you use a Layer Cake … you want one that has two of each pattern
- 1 Charm Pack (solid color that coordinates) I’ll be using White
- Backing Fabric – 2-1/2 yards
- Binding Fabric – 1/3 yard
- Matching Thread
- I will have my quilt finished by my longarm quilter and she provides the batting.
- Basic Sewing supplies (scissors, sewing machine, etc)
The Fabric I’m using is Dream and a Wish Sandra Workman Designs by Riley Blake.
Here’s some more info about the Baby Quilt
- Measures 40 x 40
- Total 81 Blocks
- Blocks measure 5 x 5
- Quilt is: 9 Blocks Across and 9 Blocks Down
Join our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group to participate in our Quilt Alongs.