I’m happy to share that my Picture of the day #36 is of my Log Cabin Quilt … on my Quilt Wall!
I needed the Design Wall for two reasons …
- To figure out how to place my blocks so that the end result would look beautiful!
- If adding sashing, would it make me like it more or less?
I figured out the placement lickety split … and YES to the sashing.
Notes (that may or may not make sense)…
- I’m wondering … is this still considered a log cabin quilt if I started with a 5″ square in the middle and then built it out?
- Each block measures 12.5″ – (before I add sashing to 12 of them). I could add more pieces to make the square larger …maybe I’ll try that down the road (after I’ve made a few).
- Each block has a 5″ charm square in middle and then 8 jelly roll strips.
- I only have four blocks of each color because I eliminated the Red and Yellow Strips (I did not use 8 of the Jelly Roll Strips that would have given us 4 more blocks).
- I have to figure out how to do the Quilt Along … using all the fabric in a Jelly Roll. (I should not have eliminated the two colors on my test quilt!! But, in my defense I’m keeping this one for myself and I just had to use the colors I LOVED!
- Did not intend on this quilt being a square … but it is!
- I could open another jelly roll and make one more block of each color …. but wouldn’t that just make it a bigger square … yep!
- Last thing … I LOVE having each block be all the same color … but I’m thinking it may be harder to do with some Jelly Rolls. So I need to make another one … using all the fabric … randomly… but can I? Now I understand why people want to use the exact same fabric as I do … it takes away all the thinking … LOL
- I should be able start filming the Log Cabin Quilt Along very soon!!! When I set a goal of one Quilt Along a quarter … it made me jump into action 🙂
Gotta get back to work and I pray I get it all done so I can sew while Dave watches the super bowl. (I moved the breakfast room table closer to the living room … so I can say “I’m with you honey” as he watches the game.)
Have a good day!