For the Bricks Quilt you will need:
- One Layer Cake
- Two Charm Packs (solid color that matches Layer Cake). For example I’m using Bella Solid White Charm Packs because it matches the Windermere Brenda Riddle Designs Moda Fabric.
- I purchased 5 yards of backing fabric… but you could get by with 4-1/2. I may add another row to mine if the fabric allows it. My last Brick Quilt was 14 rows but that was because the fabric did not allow me to add another row (there were several solids pieces that could not be used because I couldn’t add a solid to a solid).
- 1/2 yard of binding fabric.
- You will use 35 of the Layer Cake squares and 70 Charm Pack squares.
Quilt measures: 64 x 72 if you make it 14 rows (you can make it larger or smaller depending on your rows).
The Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Video 3
- Place the rectangles on your design wall (you can use a bed, floor or table) and decide how you want it to look. Special Note: you do not have to group them by colors. That’s just how I prefer mine … and by doing so my quilt will now be a tad smaller with 13 rows instead of 14.
- Make sure you alternate your fabric on each row … notice row one the white charm square is at the top … on row two the half layer cake is at the top.
- Once you have it designed … take several pictures of your quilt wall … just in case they fall down.
Here’s a quick and dirty picture …
In the next video we’ll be sewing our rows.
Click here to view the Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Supply List.
If you have any questions please post them on our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group.