How to make a Baby Quilt
To make the Baby Quilt you will need the following:
- Layer Cake or Fat Quarters with 6 Patterns
- If you use a Layer Cake … you want one that has two of each pattern
- 1 Charm Pack (solid color that coordinates) I’ll be using White
- Backing Fabric – 2-1/2 yards
- Binding Fabric – 1/3 yard
- Matching Thread
- I will have my quilt finished by my longarm quilter and she provides the batting.
- Basic Sewing supplies (scissors, sewing machine, etc)
The Fabric I’m using is Dream and a Wish Sandra Workman Designs by Riley Blake and I’ve placed them from dark to light …. for the ombre effect.
Here’s some more info about the Baby Quilt
- Measures 40 x 40
- Total 81 Blocks
- Blocks measure 5 x 5
- Quilt is: 9 Blocks Across and 9 Blocks Down
I’ve already made this quilt using Pink …. and I’ll be using Blue for the Quilt Along.
Baby Quilt – Quilt Along Video #1
- If you’re using Fat Quarters to make your quilt, press the Fat Quarters you will be using.
- Cut your fabric. You need 41 squares that measure 5 x 5 using Fat Quarters or a Layer Cake.
- You need 40 solid squares that measure 5 x 5.
Join our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group to participate in our Quilt Alongs.