Raw Edges Square Quilt – Video 4
Raw Edges Square Quilt – Quilt Along Video 4
- Sew row 3 to row 4 with a 1/4 seam.
- Sew row 4 to row 5 with a 1/4 seam.
- Our Quilt Top is complete …… check it for holes and trim all the threads.
- Press the seams.
- Measure for backing, batting and binding fabric using the Robert Kaufman Quilting Calculator app on the iPhone. If you don’t own an iPhone I would google “quilting calculator” … or take it to the quilt shop and they will figure it for you
- Before I take mine to the long arm quilter I will press and starch the quilt. If you plan on storing it for a while … you may not want to starch it just yet.
My Quilt top measures 58 x 69.
- I need 4-1/8 yards of fabric for the backing and 1/2 yard for binding … if I take it to my long arm quilter.
- If I wanted to finish it on my mid arm quilting machine I need a bit more fabric … I would need 4-3/4 yards instead of 4-1/8.
Here’s a picture of the Raw Edges Square Quilt Top
- Click here to watch Video One.
- Click here to watch Video Two.
- Click here to watch Video Three.
If you would like to participate in our Quilt Alongs or ask questions please join our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group.