Raw Edges Square Quilt – Quilt Along
To make the Raw Edges Square Quilt you will need the following:
- One Layer Cake
- One Charm Pack
- One Mini Charm Pack
- The Layer Cake, Charm Pack and Mini Charm Pack are all of the same fabric line
- Backing Fabric – 4-1/2 yard
- Binding Fabric – 1/2 yard
- Matching Thread
- Glue Stick
- I will have my quilt finished by my long arm quilter and she provides the batting.
My first Raw Edges Square Quilt was made with Ambleside.
Quilt measures: 55 x 65
Raw Edges Square Quilt – Quilt Along Video 1
- Use a table or the floor and lay out all 42 Charm Squares.
- Place one Mini Charm Square on top of all 42 Charm Squares.
- Optional: you can decide your vertical rows at this point … just remember to number them!
- Once you’re happy with the placement, use a Glue Stick and attach the Mini Charm to the Charm Square and sew along the edge of the Mini Charm with a 1/4 seam.
I found this Quilt Pattern over on Moda Bake Shop and the original name is Scruffily Quilt by Rachel Griffith. I’ve made some changes to the pattern … but not enough to say this is my original idea. I have a feeling we may be making more quilts from the Moda Bake Shop website … they have some pretty awesome tutorials!
If you would like to participate in our Quilt Alongs or ask questions please join our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group.