Okay, it’s official … the next Quilt Along is the Double Slice Layer Cake.
I’ve created a Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook group for you to ask questions … if you are not on Facebook … please do not worry … you are welcome to post your questions here on this blog.
All the videos and instructions will be posted on this site. The Facebook group is just to make it easier to ask questions and to share pictures.
Here’s the details:
All the videos will be posted here on Angiejuda.com. When the series is over I’ll post it on Chic n Scratch …but not until all the videos are complete.
The only info I don’t have for you is a date. I need a couple more days to get caught up from being out of town and then I’ll take a look at my calendar.
In the meantime … if you want to get an early start .. here’s what you’ll need:
- One Layer Cake (preferably by Moda Fabric) just saying .. all fabric is not make equal!
- A Layer Cake is 42 squares that measure 10 x 10 if you want to cut your fabric …but I’ll warn you the Layer Cakes have a lot of different patterns .. in fact there are only a few repeats.
- Matching Thread
- 4-1/2 Yards of backing fabric
- 1/2 Yard of Binding Fabric
- Batting if your longarm quilter does not provide it.
- Rotary Cutter
- Ruler Grid
- Seam Ripper (for just in case)
- Sewing Machine
- 1/4 Foot with Guide
- Cutting Mat
- Iron and ironing board or pad
- If you do not have a long arm quilter to finish your quilt …. please call or visit your local fabric store and ask them. They usually will have several business cards of local ladies that offer long arm quilting.
Thanks for the comments and emails on my question regarding the Quilt Along!