I’m sharing with you today a video tutorial on How to Cover a Composition Notebook with Fabric!
- 11 x 16-1/2 – Pattern Fabric
- 11 x 16-1/2 – Backing Fabric
- 11 x 16-1/2 – Fusible Fleece, Batting or Muslin (you can eliminate this fabric if you use thicker fabric)
- 11 x 8 – Pattern or Muslin – for Pockets
- Start with the Muslin (you can use Batting or Fusible Fleece).
- Place pattern fabric on top of the Muslin, right side facing up.
- Place left pocket on top with the open side to the left (Decorative stitch side down or right side down). Repeat on right side, placing the open side to the right.
- Place backing fabric on last, right side down.
- Matching Thread
- Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat
- Walking Foot
- 1/4 Seam Guide
- Composition Notebook
Here’s the video tutorial ….
I started this project because I was looking for a gift to make my Chics Paper Ink downline that attend On Stage in November. I was thinking of buying something on Etsy… but, after searching for the perfect gift…it hit me I could just make my own gifts … especially if I start early!!
Next I needed to figure out how to make them…. I searched online, looked through magazines and after five attempts I finally have it down. I hope you enjoy the tutorial and if there’s anything you don’t understand please let me know.
This is a Fat Quarter friendly project and I can’t wait to make more!!
Have a great day!!
p.s. Miss Bella and Elvis are doing great! Elvis has officially learned how to do the wolf whistle and we are cracking up at how often he does it!! We haven’t introduced Skittles to Elvis yet… but we are thinking very soon. We just want to make sure Elvis is 100 percent comfortable before we introduce them.