I’ve got a video for you on how to prepare your quilt for a longarm quilter.
Here are the steps:
- Trim all lose threads
- Press and Starch quilt top and flatten seams (you may want to do this step after you’ve measured so that you don’t wrinkle it).
- If the edges are unraveling – baste 1/8″ around entire quilt top.
- Measure the width and length of the Quilt Top.
- Use the Robert Kaufman app to determine your backing fabric. Ask your longarm quilter how much overage they need for the backing fabric. (Mine needs 2″ overage but my mid arm quilting machine needs 8″ … the average is between 4″ – 6″.)
- Use the Robert Kaufman app to figure out your binding fabric. My longarm quilters needs 2″ overage … check with yours to determine how much you need.
- If your longarm quilter does not provide the batting you’ll need the same amount of Batting as your backing fabric.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.