The Ambleside Quilt Top is finally complete!
It took me longer than expected …. because I kept changing my mind.
I started with 5 Fat Quarters and then changed it to 7.
It measures 47 x 72 … crazy size I know!
Next time I’ll mix up the fabric and make it wider.
I could have added another row ….but I had already bought my backing fabric.
Next up … I’ll be taking this quilt to my longarm quilter.
Here are the posts about the Ambleside Quilt
Here’s all the details for this quilt …..
- Quilt measures: 47 x 72
- Fabric Line: Ambleside by Moda Fabrics
- Fabric needed: 7 Fat Quarters & White Jelly Roll + backing and binding fabric
- 7 rectangles/blocks across – 6 rectangles/blocks down.
- 7 patterns of fabric – you need 6 rectangles of each pattern.
- Each Rectangle measures: 5 x 10
- Attach a white 2-1/2 x 5 rectangle to the bottom of each 5 x 10 rectangle.
- 10 Sashing Strips (I used White Jelly Roll Strips)
- Attach a 2-1/2 x 5 white strip to the bottom of each rectangle (except bottom row – that will be a long sashing strip)