For the Bricks Quilt you will need:
- One Layer Cake
- Two Charm Packs (solid color that matches Layer Cake). For example I’m using Bella Solid White Charm Packs because it matches the Windermere Brenda Riddle Designs Moda Fabric.
- I purchased 5 yards of backing fabric… but you could get by with 4-1/2. I may add another row to mine if the fabric allows it. My last Brick Quilt was 14 rows but that was because the fabric did not allow me to add another row (there were several solids pieces that could not be used because I couldn’t add a solid to a solid).
- 1/2 yard of binding fabric.
- You will use 35 of the Layer Cake squares and 70 Charm Pack squares.
Quilt measures: 64 x 72 if you make it 14 rows (you can make it larger or smaller depending on your rows).
The Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Video 2
- Make sure you have the charm squares facing the right direction.
- Place one Charm Square on top of a Rectangle, right sides facing each other and sew a 1/4″ seam.
- Chain sew them and when you’re done separate by cutting the threads.
- Press the seams.
- Optional: Square up your rectangles.
In the next video we’ll be placing our rectangles on a Quilt Wall to determine how we want the quilt to look.
Click here to view the Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Supply List.
If you have any questions please post them on our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group.