Our Bricks Quilt Along will start in January and here’s a picture of my fabric selection.
- Layer Cake – Windermere Brenda Riddle Designs Acorn Quilt & Gift Company by Moda Fabric
- Charm Pack (2 of them) Bella Solid White
For the Bricks Quilt you will need:
- One Layer Cake
- Two Charm Packs (solid color that matches Layer Cake). For example I’m using Bella Solid White Charm Packs because it matches the Windermere Brenda Riddle Designs Moda Fabric.
- I purchased 5 yards of backing fabric… but you could get by with 4-1/2. I may add another row to mine if the fabric allows it. My last Brick Quilt was 14 rows but that was because the fabric did not allow me to add another row (there were several solids pieces that could not be used because I couldn’t add a solid to a solid).
- 1/2 yard of binding fabric.
Quilt measures: 64 x 72 if you make it 14 rows. If we add another row it could be larger. It really just depends on the Layer Cake.
You may want to also have on hand the Numbered Pins (you could use the Alphabitties ….but they don’t stick to the fabric). I designed the Quilt on my Design Wall and after moving it around several times I found the design I liked best.
Here’s a picture of my first Bricks Quilt Top.
After moving the pieces around I decided to make each row a specific color. There were 3 rows of sand rectangles, 3 rows of red, 3 of navy, 3 of ivory and 2 light blue … each row had five rectangles for a total of 70.
If you’re like me … all these words can confuse you. If that’s the case … please do not worry! I will explain all of it in my videos so that you can understand.
Have a great day!