For the Bricks Quilt you will need:
- One Layer Cake
- Two Charm Packs (solid color that matches Layer Cake). For example I’m using Bella Solid White Charm Packs because it matches the Windermere Brenda Riddle Designs Moda Fabric.
- I purchased 5 yards of backing fabric… but you could get by with 4-1/2. I may add another row to mine if the fabric allows it. My last Brick Quilt was 14 rows but that was because the fabric did not allow me to add another row (there were several solids pieces that could not be used because I couldn’t add a solid to a solid).
- 1/2 yard of binding fabric.
- You will use 35 of the Layer Cake squares and 70 Charm Pack squares.
Quilt measures: 64 x 72 if you make it 14 rows (you can make it larger or smaller depending on your rows).
The Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Video 1
- Make sure your Layer Cake and Charm Packs are turned on the correct side before you cut the fabric.
- Cut 35 Layer Cakes at 5″ and each rectangle will measure 5 x 10 giving you a total of 70 (I cut all of mine because I may switch them out when I place it on my Design Wall).
- Group all your rectangles by color (pinks, greens, grays, yellows, blues …etc).
In the next video we’ll be sewing the Charm Packs to the Rectangles.
Click here to view the Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Supply List.
If you have any questions please post them on our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group.