For the Bricks Quilt you will need:
- One Layer Cake
- Two Charm Packs (solid color that matches Layer Cake). For example I’m using Bella Solid White Charm Packs because it matches the Windermere Brenda Riddle Designs Moda Fabric.
- I purchased 5 yards of backing fabric… but you could get by with 4-1/2. I may add another row to mine if the fabric allows it. My last Brick Quilt was 14 rows but that was because the fabric did not allow me to add another row (there were several solids pieces that could not be used because I couldn’t add a solid to a solid).
- 1/2 yard of binding fabric.
- You will use 35 of the Layer Cake squares and 70 Charm Pack squares.
Quilt measures: 64 x 72 if you make it 14 rows (you can make it larger or smaller depending on your rows).
The Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Video 4
- Start with Row One and sew your rectangles together.
- Remember to alternate your rows … my row one started with the Charm Square at the top … the 2nd row will start with the Layer Cake fabric at the top.
- Repeat on all rows.
In the next video we’ll be sewing our rows together to form our quilt top.
Click here to view the Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Supply List.
If you have any questions please post them on our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group.