My picture today is of Chase’s quilt … it turned out quite nice considering I really messed it up … several times!
I learned more on this quilt than any other!!
If you’ll remember I was posting small details as I was making it …but I soon lost track of where I went wrong and how to fix it.
So, I stopped posting pictures … I was even tempted to rip it apart …but Chase kept saying he liked it … mistakes and all.
Here’s a list of some of my mistakes
- I should have added sashing to the outside borders of the quilt.
- The charm pack squares don’t look as nice as the Scallop Square …. next time I’ll cut down the charm packs using the Scallop Square Die.
- I cut the Jelly Roll fabric with the wrong measurement ….. one day I’ll make something with those pieces.
- If I made this quilt again … I would turn all the squares in one direction … instead of making them squares on one row …. and diamonds on the next.
I have to say that the Stipple Quilting saved it and Chase loves it!! Between you and I … I’m making him another quilt later this year!!