I’m working on the Halloween Quilt in the evenings (after work) and I’m filming the process.
For those of you that want to learn how to make the Halloween Quilt … I will post the videos … when the Quilt Top is complete …. that way if something throws me off course …. you won’t have to wait.
The quality of my videos will be different. I’m filming these videos at night with my iPhone 7. The iPhone films pretty fantastic videos … but we are dealing night time filming and poor lighting. You’ll also see me move from the kitchen table to kitchen island …. to the basement. The plus side is, you should be able to make it when I’m done.
Here’s the latest picture ….
- I started with 7 Fat Quarters (see fabric here).
You only see six in the picture because my rotary cutter slipped and I messed up one … yes, that means I had to place an order for more fabric. I stewed about it for an hour and decided I had to stick with my original plan and just buy more fabric. On the plus side … I went ahead and ordered my backing fabric too!
The steps below will be in the video tutorial once it’s complete.
- Press Fat Quarters (makes it easier to cut fabric straight). I skipped this step in the video.
- Cut each Fat Quarter into 6 rectangles that measure 5 x 10.
- Cut 35 white rectangles from a White Moda Jelly Roll. Each rectangle measures 2-1/2 x 5.
- Sew one white rectangle to five of the six rectangles (you don’t sew a white rectangle on the last rectangle of each row … it gets sashing).
- Press the seams.
That’s as far as I’ve gotten …