My next quilt is going to be my first Halloween Quilt.
The fabric I’m using is ….
Lost & Found Halloween Fat Quarter Bundle
My Mind’s Eye for Riley Blake Designs
And I purchased the Bundle at Fat Quarter Shop. If you click on the name above it will take you to their online store.
I’m using 7 Fat Quarters and a White Jelly Roll.
If I make the quilt without any changes …. here’s the details ….
- Quilt measures: 47 x 72
- Fabric needed: 7 Fat Quarters & White Jelly Roll + backing and binding fabric
- 7 rectangles/blocks across – 6 rectangles/blocks down.
- 7 patterns of fabric – you need 6 rectangles of each pattern.
- Each Rectangle measures: 5 x 10
- Attach a white 2-1/2 x 5 rectangle to the bottom of each 5 x 10 rectangle.
- 20 Sashing Strips (I used White Jelly Roll Strips)
- Attach a 2-1/2 x 5 white strip to the bottom of each rectangle (except bottom row – that will be a long sashing strip)
- If you can find 8 Fat Quarters you like … feel free to make it wider (I may do this myself).
Baby Quilt Along
I’m sorry I left you hanging with the Baby Quilt!! I will try to get it wrapped up in the next two weeks.
If I told you all the things that we’ve been dealing with in the past two months you would not believe me! I’ll just say I somehow have managed to keep my head above water and I thank God! Plus I know that things could be worse so I choose to focus on the positive!
On top of all the medical stuff – I had some business goals I was reaching for by year end, which was yesterday (Sept 30th). I’m happy to say I reached my goal of promoting to Platinum and I’m happy with my year end numbers. My goal for 2016 was to help my team promote and I have even bigger plans for them in 2017!!
I received my Missouri Star Quilt Co 2016 Holiday Catalog yesterday and found something interesting!!! It’s called Couch to Quilt and they have a box that includes everything to make your first quilt …. it even includes the longarm quilting! I ordered it today to try it out. Click here for all the details.