To make the Halloween Bricks Quilt you will need the following:
- 7 Fat Quarters
- 1 Jelly Roll – that coordinates with your fabric
- Backing Fabric – 4-3/4 yards (more if you make a larger quilt)
- Binding Fabric – 1/2 yard
- Matching Thread
- I will have my quilt finished by my longarm quilter and she provides the batting.
- Basic Sewing supplies (scissors, sewing machine, etc)
The Fabric I’m using is: LOST & FOUND HALLOWEEN FAT QUARTER BUNDLE
MY MIND’S EYE FOR RILEY BLAKE DESIGNS
Here’s some more info about the Halloween Bricks Quilt
- Quilt Measures: 48-1/2 x 73-1/2
- Quilt is: 7 Rectangles Across and 6 Rectangles Down
- Fabric needed: 7 Fat Quarters & White Jelly Roll + backing and binding fabric
- Halloween Rectangles measure: 5 x 10
- 35 White Strips measure 2-1/2 x 5
- White Sashing – 20 Strips (44 x 2-1/2)
- Press all 7 Fat Quarters, remove salvage and cut the rectangles to measure 5 x 10. You’ll get six from each Fat Quarter.
- You need 20 Jelly Rolls strips for sashing (set aside to later sew together) + 35 strips that measure 2-1/2 x 5.
- Remove one rectangle from each pattern – it does not get the white rectangle on the bottom.
- Attach a 2-1/2 x 5 white strip to the bottom of each rectangle & sew 1/4 seam (remember the 6th rectangle does not get the white rectangle).
- Set your seams and press the seams to the dark side.
Click on the links below to continue watching the Halloween Bricks Quilt Video Series.
- If you can find 8 Fat Quarters you like … feel free to make it larger.
p.s. Join our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group to ask questions during our Quilt Along.