To make the Lulu Roses Quilt you will need the following:
- 1/2 yard of fabric of 7 Patterns
- 1 Jelly Roll – that coordinates with your fabric
- Backing Fabric – 4-5/8 yards (more if you make a larger quilt)
- Binding Fabric – 1/2 yard
- Matching Thread
- I will have my quilt finished by my longarm quilter and she provides the batting.
- Basic Sewing supplies (scissors, sewing machine, etc)
The Fabric I’m using is Lulu Roses by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit.
Here’s some more info about the Lulu Roses Quilt
- Measures 59 x 67
- Total 56 Blocks
- Blocks measure 6-1/2 x 6-1/2
- Quilt is: 7 Blocks Across and 8 Blocks Down
- 49 White Strips measure 2-1/2 x 6-1/2
- Sashing – 20 Strips
- The picture I’ve provided shows a larger quilt (9 blocks across and 8 down) but we are making a smaller size to allow us to complete it in the next 6 weeks.
I’m providing a written tutorial that will follow along our Quilt Along. We may or may not make some modifications at the end.
How much fabric do you need for 56 Blocks?
- It depends on how many patterns of fabric you buy. You can get 12 squares out of a 1/2 yard of fabric. I went with 7 patterns … 8 blocks each of 7 patterns for a total of 56.
- Another option would be 5 Patterns of fabric – But you would need to buy more than 1/2 yard (I would buy a whole yard to be safe).
I’ll be back later today with the First Video on how to make the Lulu Roses Quilt.
Click here to watch Video #1
Click here to watch Video #2
Click here to watch Video #3
Click here to watch Video #4
Click here to watch Video #5
p.s. Join our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group to participate in our Quilt Alongs.