Over the past three days I’ve been experimenting with our Phillips Air Fryer (Christmas present).
Up to this point the only thing we’ve cooked in it was fries and they were yummy. But I’m looking to make mini meals with ramekins and I’ve started with breakfast.
My most recent test (today) was Bacon & Eggs cooked in an Air Fryer.
Here’s how I made Bacon and Eggs in an Air Fryer …. but remember, if you make it … the cooking time can differ based on the temperature.
- Sprayed the bottom of the ramekins with Coconut Oil or your favorite non stick spray.
- Cut up two pieces of uncooked bacon and add to bottom of ramekins.
- Scrambled two eggs in bowl and poured over top of bacon.
- Add some Himalayan Pink Salt (or your favorite).
- Cook for 7 minutes.
It was pretty darn yummy … it was quick and easy and I could eat them at least five out of 7 days. I may add some spinach tomorrow (and maybe some green peppers and onions.
Yesterdays test was just scrambled eggs in the Air Fryer. It was good … but a little bland (needed more spice and next time I won’t add water to the eggs (I’m dairy free so milk is out). By the way… that’s black pepper on the top 🙂
How I made the scrambled eggs ..
- Add a little Olive Oil to bottom of ramekins.
- Scrambled two eggs in bowl and added a tad of water.
- Poured in ramekins.
- Added Salt and Pepper.
- Cook for five minutes and then another five (still trying to master the right temp for eggs).
My first test was just eggs and it wasn’t the best, but I’ve had worse.
The result was a little over cooked … but what can I say it was the first time (I needed to raise the heat and decrease the time).
I’ll try fried eggs in the air fryer again …but in a wider but more shallow ramekins 🙂 I have some arriving this week that I ordered on Amazon.
See ya later!