My Picture of the Day #5 is Chili …. We got some snow over night and Dave woke up and ask if I would cook him some Chili.
I made a deal with him … if he would go to the store I would cook it.
Over the years I’ve tried many recipes for Chili, this is the one I’ve been making for the last 10 years ?? maybe longer!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 green pepper diced and chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons Chili Powder (maybe even more…. like 9 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (maybe more)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans of water (use the tomato sauce can)
- In large pot, brown ground beef with onions, green peppers and celery.
- Drain fat (if you use fatty meat)
- Combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for at least an hour … even longer is better! Make sure you stir often (at least once every 15 minutes)
Serve with: Fritos, sour cream, shredded cheese, saltines and it even taste good with some egg dumpling noodles!
Special Note: I do at least three taste tests … each time I add a little more spice until I like it.
Have a good night!