It’s official …… the next Quilt Along is the Jelly Roll Race Quilt.
I’ve created a Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook group for you to ask questions … if you are not on Facebook … please do not worry … you are welcome to post your questions here on this blog (Facebook Group is the same as the Double Slice Layer Cake Quilt Along).
All the videos and instructions will be posted on this site. The Facebook group is just to make it easier to ask questions and to share pictures.
Here’s the links to the videos:
- All the videos will be posted here on angiejuda.com
- When the series is over I’ll post it on Chic n Scratch …but not until all the videos are complete.
- This quilt is 53 x 63 (throw size).
- One Jelly Roll or Rolie Polies (different names for different companies).
- A Jelly Roll is 4o strips of fabric that measure 2-1/2 x 44. If you want to cut your fabric …but I’ll warn you the Jelly Rolls have a lot of different patterns .. in fact there are only a few repeats.
- Matching Thread
- 4-1/2 Yards of backing fabric
- 1/2 Yard of Binding Fabric
- Batting if your longarm quilter does not provide it.
- Rotary Cutter
- Ruler Grid
- Seam Ripper (for just in case)
- Sewing Machine
- 1/4 Foot with Guide
- Cutting Mat
- Iron and ironing board or pad
- If you do not have a long arm quilter to finish your quilt …. please call or visit your local fabric store and ask them. They usually will have several business cards of local ladies that offer long arm quilting.
I choose to make the Jelly Roll Race Quilt for our next Quilt Along because I’ve had several people ask me to re-film the Jelly Roll Quilt with smaller steps (instead of one long video).
Have a great day!