For the Bricks Quilt you will need:
- One Layer Cake
- Two Charm Packs (solid color that matches Layer Cake). For example I’m using Bella Solid White Charm Packs because it matches the Windermere Brenda Riddle Designs Moda Fabric.
- I purchased 5 yards of backing fabric… but you could get by with 4-1/2. I may add another row to mine if the fabric allows it. My last Brick Quilt was 14 rows but that was because the fabric did not allow me to add another row (there were several solids pieces that could not be used because I couldn’t add a solid to a solid).
- 1/2 yard of binding fabric.
- You will use 35 of the Layer Cake squares and 70 Charm Pack squares.
Quilt measures: 64 x 72 if you make it 14 rows (you can make it larger or smaller depending on your rows).
The Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along Video 5
- Sew your rows together.
- Start with row 2 and place it right sides facing each other, pin it and then take it to your sewing machine and sew a quarter inch seam down the right side. Remove pins as you go.
- Repeat this step on each row until you complete the Quilt Top.
- Once the quilt top is complete measure it to determine how much fabric you need for the backing and binding (and batting if you’re long arm quilter doesn’t provide it).
- Trim threads, press and starch quilt.
As soon as I get my quilt back from the long arm quilter I’ll share the pictures. For now, this is the Quilt Top (excuse my lighting … it’s been snowing here for days!).
I hope you’ve enjoyed the Bricks Quilt – Quilt Along and if you participated please share your pictures on our Chic n Scratch Quilt Along Facebook Group.